Sunday, November 30, 2014

Día de Acción de Gracias

2nd blog post!!

This semester I teach all Spanish 1 classes.  I am a big believer in art projects because I want students to feel like they did when they learned their first language: creative, relaxed, and like they can have fun.  I especially like doing projects the day before a school break because students are crazy anyway.  By doing an art project, I channel that energy into something useful and I encourage them to use vocabulary that is relevant to the upcoming event.

This project took a little prep time for me but the students really enjoyed it and were amazed by how artistic they felt in the end.  When I first showed them what the finished project would look like, a lot of them panicked that they wouldn't be able to do it.  But I walked them through step-by-step and all students made something really cute to share with their families!






To prep for this project, I had my assistant cut out all of the turkey bodies.  Then I gave students a 1/4 of a sheet of each color of card stock and I had them cut out their own feathers.  Then I showed them how to fan the feathers and glue the body on top.  Preparation is key here!  This took students about a half hour to complete and they were all proud of their final projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment